Famous basketball player, LeBron James is an American professional player and entrepreneur who won four NBA championships, four NBA MVP awards, four NBA Finals MVP awards, and two Olympic gold medals.
James has an estimated net worth of $850 million after accounting for taxes, spending, and investment returns, according to Forbes.
James is still to make his entry into the club of billionaires even though he earned more than $1 billion in his long career spanning over 18-years. His earnings include a salary of around $400 million and off-the-court earnings accounting for approximately $600 million.
LeBron James Net Worth: Income from Salary and Product Endorsements
He is the sixth highest-paid player in the NBA in terms of salary alone. He draws a salary of $41.1 million per annum. James is also one of the highest-earning and globally powerful celebrities in the world.
He makes a whopping $50-$60 million per year in product endorsements. He created a sensation when he signed a $1 billion lifetime contract with Nike. It is the very first-lifetime deal that Nike had ever offered since its inception.
List of Endorsement Deals
James has signed product endorsement deals with many reputed companies like McDonald’s, Microsoft, State Farm, Beats by Dre, Coca-Cola, Dunkin-Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Samsung, Nike among others. He also owns 1% equity in Beats by Dre. He made a cool amount of $30 million when the company was sold to Apple for $3 billion.
Big Deal with Nike
As of today, he makes around $20 million per year from Nike that not only includes salary but also royalty received towards his signature shoe line. James later signed a lifetime endorsement deal with Nike in December 2015 for more than $1 billion.
LeBron James Income Sources
- Signed first Nike contract for $90 million over 7 years.
- Made $450 million from salary and endorsements in the first ten years of his career in the NBA.
- Has made a cumulative amount of $700 million so far in his career from salary and endorsements.
- Proud owner of approximately $80 million worth of real estate.
- Investment in many startup companies and owns partly Liverpool F.C.
- In 2018, James in collaboration with Cindy Crawford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Lindsey launched the health and wellness company “Ladder”.
- The LeBron James Family Foundation that was started in 2018 has grand plans to spend $41 million to send kids to college.
- James along with his partners is the owner of 19 Blaze Pizza franchises in Chicago and South Florida.
- He has his own production company, SpringHill Entertainment, and media company, Uninterrupted.
View this post on Instagram
LeBron James – Personal Life
LeBron James was born in the year 1984 in Ohio. His mother gifted him gave him a miniature hoop and basketball that he used to play for hours when he was an infant. When he grew up Basketball became part and parcel of his life. He excelled immediately in the game when he was in elementary school.
He became the youngest person ever to join the “USA Today All USA first team” when he was studying at St Vincent-St Mary high school. He later became popular as “King James”. He started appearing on the cover page of “SLAM” magazine while he was in high school.
James married his high school love Savannah Brinson in 2013 and has three children.
LeBron James’ Real Estate Worth
James’ family owns a $9 million mansion in Miami. LeBron James purchased a 9,350 square-foot mansion in Los Angeles for $21 million in 2015.
He also bought another $23 million worth mansion in Brentwood in 2017 and a $36.8 million worth mansion in Beverly Hills in 2020.